Sunday, July 30, 2006

Excuses, excuses

I have plenty of excuses for why I stopped posting to my blog in March. I was sick after our spring break trip to Ireland. I had finals to take and to grade. I had my thesis to write and rewrite and rewrite again. I had to find an apartment in NYC. I had to pack my fabulous South Campus apartment. I graduated. I moved. I needed to find a job. Oh and of course I needed to plan my wedding - I GOT ENGAGED to my long long long term boyfriend Connor!!! But now that is all behind me (aside from actually getting married). Thesis is done and yahoooooo - I got an A! Grad school is all done, I'm back in NYC, gainfully employed and the wedding plans are coming along so easily it makes me wonder why all those crazy girls are on "Bridezilla." So I am going to do my best to start blogging again but instead of just posting articles, it will be more like this, train of thought musings on TV, movies, and plays.

I am so thrilled to be back in New York with this amazing arts scene. Of course the summer is a weak time for TV (aside from "Rescue me," but that's a separate entry). Instead we've been keeping busy watching movies taped to the DVR (we got two this time - one for each room - I think it may be the key to a happy marriage). This past week we went to see "Spring Awakening" down at the Altantic Theater is Chelsea. In a few weeks is "7 Guitars." Every week I read the New Yorker and circle all the exhibits, plays, movies etc. that I want to see. We're even trying to work in some dance performances for me.

Anyway, I'm going to watch the first season of "Rescue Me" so I have all the background before I criticize it (and there is plenty to criticize). It's about 100 degrees out and I don't intend to move from the couch except to get italian ices from the freezer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home